If you’ve ever wanted to throw an out of the box party for your daughters, grand-daughters or just you and your friends, check out this fun post Rhonda created to show you just exactly how you can throw a thrifty spa day party to refresh and relax!
Who couldn’t use a little stress reducing after the hustle and bustle of the Holidays? Here’s a New Year’s Resolution for you: resolve to spend more quality, stress reducing time with your friends!
…Now there’s a resolution you will want to make-and keep! You know-the Thrifty Little Mom way, of course!
Here are some guideline ideas for hosting your very own Spa Party:
Theme: New Year’s ReSPAlution!
Invitations: You decide-call, text, evite, paper invitation whatever is easiest for you just include the day/time, theme & dress code.
Menu: I’m all about do it yourself parties so keep it simple by setting up a salad bar and a beverage station. I like to make a refreshing cucumber water. You can find that recipe here.
Décor: Candles are all you need to add the spa like ambience.
Gifts: Send your friends home relaxed and with a little jar of Sugar Scrub.
How to Prepare for Facials!
The facial mask can be prepared a few days before the party and refrigerated until you’re ready to use it!
- An hour before the festivities, remove the facial mask blend from the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
- Next take out your crockpot/slow cooker, pour about a cup of water into it, add several drops of your favorite essential oil, immerse rolled up facial cloths and turn its setting to the warming mode.
- These delightfully warm and aromatic wash cloths will come in handy soon.
- Finally, light some candles, put on some soothing tunes and set up the salad and beverage stations.
Oatmeal Facial Mask
1/3 Cup hot water
½ Cup Oatmeal (ground in a processor/blender)
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsps. plain yogurt
2 Tbsps. honey
1 egg white
3 Step Facials-
- Mix water with enough baking soda to make a paste, gently massage the mixture in a circular motion and rinse well.
- Follow the exfoliating treatment with a warm aromatic cloth.
- When the cloth cools apply the homemade facial mask, let sit for 15 minutes, rinse with warm water and pat dry with a fluffy towel.
½ C Coconut Oil
¼ C Granulated Sugar
25 Drops 100% pure Essential Oil (any scent)
Sugar Scrub-Use on hands, feet (It’s slippery so put socks on immediately), knees, elbows and it’s even gentle enough to use on lips. Simply rub about a teaspoon amount onto your hands and rinse, pat dry. These would also make great Valentines day gifts for teachers or friends!
I hope you enjoy this easy party plan to share with your closest friends and family members where the only requirement is to relax!
Post written by: Rhonda John