The older your children get, the easier it is to help them celebrate any occasion. Typically all you have to provide is a little direction and a few snacks. For this party my daughter and her friends wanted a movie under the stars theme, but the weather was not cooperating so we brought it all indoors!
- Decorative Lanterns- Beistle Paper Lantern Assortment, White under $13.00
- Party Favor Bags- Hot Pink Paper Party Favor Bags, 12ct under $5.00
- Indoor Movie Canopy- ALEKO® 10’x10′ Iron Gazebo Canopy for Outdoor Events Picnic Party, Natural Color under $50 (First see if you could borrow one these from someone you know!)
- Glass Punch Pitcher- Crisa Impressions by Libbey 80 Ounce Clear Glass Pitcher under $13
- Photo Booth Props- Tinksky Photo Booth Props 60 piece DIY Kit for Wedding Party Reunions Birthdays Photobooth Dress-up Accessories & Party Favors, Costumes with Mustache on a stick, Hats, Glasses, Mouth, Bowler, Bowties under $10
- White Christmas Lights- Darice VL100-1 100-Light Set with White Wire under $13 (don’t forget to check your attic for lights first)
- Plastic Parfait Cups-Zappy Elegant Disposable Plastic Straight Wall Shooter Glasses 3 Oz: Clear Pack of 50 Tumblers – Tasting Sample Dessert Shooters Champagne Wine Beer Shot Glass Parfait Souffle Jello Tumbler Party Cups under $15
Statement Piece Decor:
The statement piece of this décor: a pop-up tent! If you don’t have an easy pop-up tent take your request to social media because I’m sure someone you know has one that you can borrow. Set the tent up in your family room and add tulle & twinkling lights to set the stage.
QUICK TIP: I put colorful socks on the feet of the tent frame to keep them from scratching up the wood floors.
You can also hang paper lanterns with battery operated lights inside to illuminate the space and you can add color around the tent with fabric/tablecloths/sheets- whatever you have on hand. Simply safety pin them around the tent frame to hold them securely in place. To finish decorating the space, toss in some bean bags, throw pillows and blankets.
The Perfect Party Snacks:
The perfect snack for this party: a popcorn bar complete with plenty of the typical cinema candies set up to the side of the movie/television screen. You can head over to your local Dollar Store or Target and get movie theater boxed candies for right around $1 per box!
For intermission you can serve pudding cups with whipped topping and sprinkles along with your guest of honor’s favorite punch.
If you choose to set up a photo booth area, these fun images were printed on card stock paper, cut out and adhered to wooden BBQ skewers with tape then tucked into a sand bucket using play-doh to hold them upright.
Simply do a Google search of images in your theme (seasonal or holiday, etc.) to find photo booth props. There is also a link in the supply list at the top of the post to grab a set on Amazon.com for less than $10.
Sending home simple goody bags is an extra touch that your attendees will love: these contained a pack of popcorn and a chocolate candy bar with a note saying, “Thanks for popping by our party!”
We hope you find many occasions in your life that you wish to celebrate and when you do, let us know how you choose to commemorate the event! I also like the look of Chinese take out favor boxes!
25 Hot Pink Chinese Take-Out Food and Party Favor Boxes, 16 oz each – Less than $10 Amazon.com *
Hi, I’m Rhonda! I’m a regular contributing author at Thrifty Little Mom. I have a wonderful, caring husband, 3 beautiful, sweet & smart girls and a fluffy little dog who thinks his job is to be my bodyguard! Entertaining is my thing and I can do so (to my standards) on a dime. Lastly, my whole family and I are foodies; I love preparing and eating a variety of healthy meals much of which I love to share with readers.