In case we haven’t met, I’m Kim Anderson!
I’ve been writing Thrifty Little Mom since 2013. In 2016 I found out that I was having twins and my life just seemed to go into warp speed from that point on (only I was in warp speed driving that RV from the Space Balls Movie instead of the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars 😅).
In that time, I went through a real period of self-discovery. Call it mid-life. Call it whatever you want but when I came out on the other side I realized that I spent a lot of time trying to CHANGE ME instead of EMBRACE ME.
I’m going to be authentic and transparent with you as we start this journey together. I want to help you make a call right now if you are for me and I’m for you.
If you relate to any of these statements, you are probably my people (the organized chaos club) and I can’t wait to take this journey to helping you thrive and embrace your own self.
- 🍽️ You are able to leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight (most of the time because you forget they are there).
- 👀If it is out of sight — it is out of mind — like you literally forget about it.
- 📚 You have piles around your house or desk, but you know where everything is.
- 🧺 If you get overwhelmed with decluttering something, you’ll dump/stash it all in a laundry basket, reusable shopping bag, closet or guest room until you can deal with it.
- ⌚ You are usually late or experiencing the rush of trying not being late as you load the car and watch the speed limit like a hawk rehearsing the “how to avoid a speeding ticket” phrase, “9 your fine, 10 your mine” in your brain as you head to wherever you need to go.
- 📅 You struggle to maintain the same routine from week to week when you aren’t forced to do it by external pressure from school or a job.
- 📒 You buy planners and use them for about 3-5 days before you forget they exist and go back to survival mode.
- 🥡 You feel mild frustration when you clean out your fridge and remember all the good-intention meals you had planned that you never made and are now science experiments in the fridge.
- 🚗 Your car or van floor looks like a goldfish or cereal war happened and you lost.
- 🧹 You regularly go to clean your house and find yourself floating from one task to the other as you ping-pong from room to room trying to handle each cleaning situation that presents itself to you and then feeling like you got nothing done.
- 🪴 You love houseplants but forget to keep them alive.
- 🧶 You have a craft closet, bin, or room that is full of half-finished projects or projects you were inspired to start so you bought all the stuff and never made the thing.
I could really keep going but if you connect with some of these statements or even all of these statements, welcome to the club.
We are the women who survive and thrive in organized chaos.
Our cars may not be spotless, we may be forgetful or easily distracted 🤩 but in our own way, we know what’s up. We function. We survive. We can get stuff done when we want to. We just do things OUR way.
But now it’s time for you to ditch comparison and own your truth. I’m here to help you stress less, remember more and feel in control of your life.
You see in 2018 I came to a point where:
1) My nighttime binge eating was out of control.
2) My house was a constant mess that I couldn’t recover from with 3 kids.
3) I felt like something was wrong with my brain. Like I was broken because it was too hard to tame my life, work, family and chaos. It felt too hard to take care of myself most days.🥺
4) I wondered in awe about how all these other women so productive, healthy, clean, and tidy? 🤹♀️
So I started to see a body image therapist in hopes of getting my 💩 together. That journey led me to go to see a Psychiatrist to get an adult ADHD test.
I walked out of that office with 2 things:
1) A combo type Adult ADHD diagnosis.
2) Total clarity of every organizational, focus and time management struggle I’d had since childhood.
3) A new plan of attack for my life.
I WASN’T BROKEN. I brain just isn’t wired the same way as other people.
Now, note that you don’t have to have ADD, ADHD or even suspect that you are to be a part of this organized chaos crew we have here. You just need to be a person who finds themselves struggling with being on time, remembering important things, and feeling in control of your life. You may even feel like you struggle with chronic disorganization!
If this is you welcome!
My contact email is [email protected].