I’m sure you get lots of advertisements in the mail from all the utility companies in your area. Where I live there are 3 internet providers, 5 garbage companies & 3 natural gas suppliers. Every time I get an ad for utility prices from my company or competing companies I save it in a little folder in my kitchen. Why? Because that’s my leverage for negotiating my utility rates.
This is how I never pay full price for my utilities:
5. If they say they can, start writing down what they say and be sure to check their math.
- For example, I called my garbage company and told them I was going to switch to a new company because of an advertisement I got for $12 per month trash service for the first year. The price would go up to $14 after the first year.
- At the time, I was paying $16 per month for trash/recycle pickup.
- The customer service person at my current trash company made me an offer for $13 per month. However, they were willing to lock that price in for 2 years.
- So over a 2 year period (non-contracted), I saved money and didn’t have to switch. She also offered to waive a fee I had been previously paying which saved me even more money.
- I recommend that you do the math and make sure that it is cheaper in the long run.
Access my FREE Party Printables Vault!
Subscribe to my weekly celebration email and get access to my printable gifts, party planners, cleaning lists and more! Be the hostess with the mostess!