I’m sure that you’ve seen at least one episode of the show Fixer Upper with Chip and Joanna Gaines. In a 30 minute episode you get to see some of the worst houses in Texas go from a hot mess to gorgeous Magnolia story glory. But as we all know it takes tons of blood, sweat, tears and team of professionals to see those homes transform.
Maybe you’ve dreamed of taking an old farmhouse and breathing new life into it too! If so, I hope you’ll follow our story here and it will give you the tips, inspiration and encouragement you need to pursue the life you want with the money you have!
I could go into a super long tail of how we got here but instead I’m going to summarize it in bullet points below!
Here’s a quick review of our past 7 years timeline:
- Lived in Atlanta, GA.
- Had a son.
- Paid off the remaining $93K on our mortgage in under two years on one income.
- Had twin baby girls.
- Wrote my first traditionally published book, Live. Save. Spend. Repeat.: The Life You Want with the Money You Have
- Husband quit corporate Electrical Engineering job to be a stay at home dad/entrepreneur.
- We decided to move back to NC to be close to family.
- Looked for houses close to family and discovered a dilapidated 1945 farm house on 2 acres directly across the street from my parents for $20,000. Bought it!
- Sold our Atlanta house and moved.
- Husband has started renovating the house.
- This is the first video in our journey!
We don’t know how this whole project will go in the end but we are at least giving it a go and living without regrets!
We are super excited about this adventure and will bring more videos as we dig deeper into the mess that this house is. At the end of the day we know what we want- to live away from the city, be close to family and build a house we can love to raise our kids and pursue our own businesses.
I hope this inspires you to think about the things you want out of life too! Make and plan and go after them! You only get one life on earth, what will you do with it?