Recently, I threw a Harry Potter themed graduation party for my daughter and of course we had to have Easy Harry Potter Butterbeer on the menu! Searching recipes online I was soon faced with these dilemmas: complicated recipes with too many ingredients including hard to find extracts and costly fixings!
So, in true Thrifty Little Mom fashion, I came up with my own simple recipe with easy to find and low-cost ingredients. (Plus Kim is a HUGE fan of this particular recipe and begged me to share it).
Harry Potter Butterbeer Recipe Ingredients:
- Chilled 2L Cream Soda (Blue Sky Cream Soda Soft Drink, 12 fl oz, 24 Pack)
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream Topping
- Butterscotch Syrup- Smucker’s Sundae Syrup: Butterscotch (Pack of 2) 20 oz Size
- Glass – grab these for your next butterbeer party! –6 Pack – Vintage Mason Jar Mugs with Chalkboard Labels and Tin Lids, Mason Mugs with Handles for Weddings, Candle Jars, Party Favors, 16oz, by California Home Goods
To make the punch simply add scoops of your favorite vanilla ice cream into a punch bowl and slowly pour in the chilled cream soda. The final touches are added by ladling the punch into a mug and topping with whipped cream & butterscotch syrup.
The nice thing about this super simple recipe is that you can also make these single serve. So rather than waiting for a party to come around you could simply keep all these ingredients in your fridge or freezer and makeup one glass (or two) at a time whenever you feel like it.
What a great way to beat the summer heat: read the books or watch the movies with your house elves and serve them this refreshing treat!
If you want to get really geek out over this recipe grab yourself a pack of these fun Wizarding World of Harry Potter House Tumbler Cup Set 4 Cups by Universal Studios from Amazon to make them in!
Hi, I’m Rhonda! I’m a regular contributing author at Thrifty Little Mom. I have a wonderful, caring husband, 3 beautiful, sweet & smart girls and a fluffy little dog who thinks his job is to be my bodyguard! Entertaining is my thing and I can do so (to my standards) on a dime. Lastly, my whole family and I are foodies; I love preparing and eating a variety of healthy meals much of which I love to share with readers.
- 1- Chilled 2L Cream Soda
- 1- quart Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream Topping
- Butterscotch Syrup
- Add 1/2 cup scoops of vanilla ice cream to punch bowl
- Slowly pour cream soda into the bowl
- Ladle mixture into glassware
- Add toppings