8 Projects You Can Do With Free Garland
1. Fill Up Your Mantel
2. Make Everyday Candles Look Seasonal
I LOVE candles. This beautiful one was given to me as a house warming gift and I’ve enjoyed dressing it for every occasion. Last month it contained pine cones, miniature pumpkins and gourds. This month I love the cranberry garland wrapped around the bottom with the Cypress branches (from a tree in my yard) tucked around the candle.
3. Decorate Family Memories
4. Fill A Hanging Basket
5. Fill A Window Vase
6. Your Mailbox
Decorate your mailbox with a swag on top, it’s so easy. Literally just bundle some large branches together with floral wire, add floral picks or curlicue tinsel if you’d like and top it off with a bow.
7. Pine Cones Are Beautiful Free Decor
8. Fill Your Home With Scents of The Season
I love to add evergreen trimmings to a simmering pot with orange slices and cinnamon sticks just add the ingredients with a little water, simmer over a low heat and enjoy the scent!
A Few Tips For Collection & Care
- Bring a large garbage bag with you to put the branches in-they can be big and the needles will fall all over your vehicle so this will save you time by keeping your trunk clean.
- Wear gloves as you are digging through the bin because these are freshly cut branches so the sap flows freely.
- If you don’t own tree pruning shears, try to borrow some because some of the branches are pretty thick and simple gardening shears may not be adequate
- Cut your branches and divide them into small, medium & large groups-this step will help as you get creative.
- Floral wire will be very helpful to hold your bundles of branches.
- If the stems can’t sit in water and your trimmings aren’t exposed to rain, spritz with water from a spray bottle daily.