8 Projects You Can Do With Free Garland
1. Fill Up Your Mantel
2. Make Everyday Candles Look Seasonal
I LOVE candles. This beautiful one was given to me as a house warming gift and I’ve enjoyed dressing it for every occasion. Last month it contained pine cones, miniature pumpkins and gourds. This month I love the cranberry garland wrapped around the bottom with the Cypress branches (from a tree in my yard) tucked around the candle.
3. Decorate Family Memories
4. Fill A Hanging Basket
5. Fill A Window Vase
6. Your Mailbox
Decorate your mailbox with a swag on top, it’s so easy. Literally just bundle some large branches together with floral wire, add floral picks or curlicue tinsel if you’d like and top it off with a bow.
7. Pine Cones Are Beautiful Free Decor
8. Fill Your Home With Scents of The Season
I love to add evergreen trimmings to a simmering pot with orange slices and cinnamon sticks just add the ingredients with a little water, simmer over a low heat and enjoy the scent!
A Few Tips For Collection & Care
- Bring a large garbage bag with you to put the branches in-they can be big and the needles will fall all over your vehicle so this will save you time by keeping your trunk clean.
- Wear gloves as you are digging through the bin because these are freshly cut branches so the sap flows freely.
- If you don’t own tree pruning shears, try to borrow some because some of the branches are pretty thick and simple gardening shears may not be adequate
- Cut your branches and divide them into small, medium & large groups-this step will help as you get creative.
- Floral wire will be very helpful to hold your bundles of branches.
- If the stems can’t sit in water and your trimmings aren’t exposed to rain, spritz with water from a spray bottle daily.
Access my FREE Party Printables Vault!
Subscribe to my weekly celebration email and get access to my printable gifts, party planners, cleaning lists and more! Be the hostess with the mostess!