One weird thing most people don’t know about me is that I don’t drink hot beverages. I prefer everything iced from coffee to tea. One cold, wintry day my best friend convinced me to try a hot chai tea latte after I complained that it was just too cold to drink iced coffee. I was hooked after just one glorious sip. Chai tea latte is still the only coffee-house beverage I drink hot. I recently discovered how to make my favorite iced version from “FiveBucks” just in time for summer. It’s so simple and easy you don’t need to be a pro barista to make one. You just need two simple ingredients and you can make your own chai tea latte. This beverage costs me $0.81 to make at home. I know right? That beats Fivebucks any old day!
Chai Tea Latte Ingredients:
- Chai Tea Concentrate
- Your favorite milk or milk alternative (I love soy).
How To Make a Chai Tea Latte:
- Simply put ice in your favorite glass or mug.
- Pour in the “milk”.
- Pour in your perfect amount of concentrate, stir & drink!
Check out this classic Chai Tea Latte Mug from Amazon >>
Lower Carb Chai Tea Latte Option:
- Use Chai Tea Bags like Tazo Organic Chai, 24 Tea Bags 2.3oz (not concentrate).
- Heat water in mug and let tea bag steep.
- Add ice if you want it cold.
- Pour your favorite “milk” or half and half over your tea.
Wide Array of Chai Tea Latte Drink Possibilities
I buy concentrate to make my own Chai Tea Latte from Target. They are available in most major grocery stores in a variety of flavors and options! You can find lots of options on Amazon as well.
- Tazo Organic Chai, Spiced Black Tea Latte Concentrate, 32-Ounce Containers (Pack of 6)
- Tazo Chai Tea Latte Concentrate 32 oz (2×32 oz)
- Green Tazo Tea Latte Concentrate
- Chocolate Tazo Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- Sugar Free
- Slightly Sweet
- Check out this Chai flavored sugar from MySymphonySeasonings.
Please share any of your own favorite summer iced tea or latte recipes or questions in the comments section below!
More “Make at Home Coffee” Drink Ideas:
If you want more popular coffee house copycats, click on the pictures below to learn how I make these thrifty yet delicious DIY versions.
Access my FREE Party Printables Vault!
Subscribe to my weekly intentional living email magazine and I'll give you access to my life printables vault! Cleaning, planning, organizing and more!
Kim’s is the party planning, cupcake loving, celebration catalyst behind the Thrifty Little Mom Blog. Kim was a pro event planner for over 7 years before she became a full-time blogger. Kim is the author of: Live, Save, Spend, Repeat: The Life You Want with the Money You Have. She’s been featured on Time.com, Money.com, Good Housekeeping, Women’s Day and more! Kim aims to inspire you to create parties, celebrations and gatherings that everyone loves!