I’m gonna be brutally honest here.
Men are the hardest people on the face of the earth to shop for. You might think you’ve found the ultimate gift for that person only to have them look you square in the face and tell you that they appreciate the item but don’t really need it. Not all men, but some men (In my case it happens at least once a year with some guy I get a gift for).
Most guys are more into useful type gifts. They typically prefer things they can use, can eat, things that entertain or things that make life easier. With that in mind I’ve compiled this list to provide ideas for useful men’s gift ideas for any budget.
Men’s gift ideas- $10 Budgets
- Stanley STST70574 12-Inch Soft Sided Tool Bag – This is a simple, usable gifts. My father-in-law has one of these for each kind of tool set. He has different bag for storing woodworking tools, plumbing tools & sheet rock tools.
- The Gun Mug– For those gun lovers in your life. Okay, so it’s a stretch but it is useful and most gun enthusiasts would be excited about owning this. I live in the South so most of the guys I know would totally love this gift.
- MagnoGrip 202-911 Magnetic Nail Pouch– This is great for a woodworker or do it your self kind of guy. This pouch allows you to keep nails handy and it’s magnetized so you don’t have to mess with dropping or spilling your nails or screws while you work. It’s supposed to be compatible with most tool belts.
- Zwipes Microfiber Cleaning Cloths (36-Pack) Assorted Colors– These are great to have around the shop for whatever messy task you tackle.
- Hi-Beam LED Cap 3 Lights, 1 Undervisor Light, Mossy Oak Break-Up – My mom got my hubby this hat about 2 years ago and he loves it. This is a great gift idea for your fisherman or outdoors-men. It’s like wearing a headlamp but not as dorky. It has super bright LED’s built into the the front brim of the cap that you can turn on and off with a simple squeeze of the brim.
- Cooler Master NotePal X-Slim Ultra-Slim Laptop Cooling Pad with 160mm Fan (R9-NBC-XSLI-GP)– If you husband uses a laptop around the house this is a nice little contraption to have. It allows you to cool the computer while comfortably keeping it in your lap. No more leg burns!
- Mechanix Wear MG-05-010 Original Glove, Black, Large – These gloves are great to have around for any kind of work in the garage. After my husband cut and burned himself a few times he invested in a pair of these gloves.
- Zombie Cajun Hot Sauce Gourmet Gifts Basket Set, Includes Four 6 oz Bottles of Louisiana Top Seasonings Sauces – Garlic, Jalapeno, Habanero, and Cayenne Pepper, Plus a Free Zombies Book– If you have a man in your life that love to try spicy things, this hot sauce set has a 5 star rating and has won awards.
- Oh! Nuts Freshly Roasted Nut Gift Tray 6-Section– It’s a treat, its got variety and it’s fuel for the mind and body. I don’t know any guys who wouldn’t really enjoy this.
- ROX | “The Eternal Ice Cube” Premium Beverage Chilling Stones for Spirits, Beer, Wine, Coffee & more! (Eight Large 1″ Soapstone Chiller Cubes)– I think these are a really fun gift because I love iced coffee and hate using ice because it waters down the flavor of my drink. These little cubes keep things cold without watering your drink down.
- BESTEK Dual 110V AC outlets and Dual USB 3.1A 300w power inverter car dc 12v to 110v ac inverter dc adapter laptop charger notebook adapter dc charger ac adapter usb charger MRI3011BU– These are basically electrical outlets for the car. I can’t tell you how often having one these in the car has been a life saver!
- LG Electronics Tone Pro Bluetooth Stereo Headset – Retail Packaging – Black– I have seen these things EVERYWHERE! They lay around your neck for hands free bluetooth talking. You can use them as an audio head set to listen to music or talk on your phone!
- WORKSHOP Wet/Dry Vacs WS12552A 1-1/4-Inch Premium Auto Cleaning Kit for Wet Dry Shop Vacuum– If your husband already has a workshop wet/dry vac and enjoys detailing his car, this might be the perfect gift for helping him get his car cleaned up.
- Meguiar’s G55032 Complete Car Care Kit– This is a practical gift idea for those guys in your life that have a vehicle that they prize and take care of like it’s their baby.
- OtterBox iPhone 6 Case – Defender Series, Frustration-Free Packaging – Black (Black/Black) (4.7 inch)-Know a guy who is tough on phones? OtterBox is a tough phone cover and made to withstand people who tend to be rough on their electronic devices. Look for one that best fits the device model that the guy owns. The DEFENDER series are the sturdy ones. They make them for phones and tablets.
- Buffalo Bills 1.75oz Beef Jerky Black 6-Pack Gift Cooler (filled with 12 assorted jerky packs)– It’s a cooler stuffed with a variety of jerky. Even the packaging is usable!
- WORKSHOP Wet/Dry Vacs WS1200VA Heavy Duty General Purpose Wet Dry Shop Vacuum, 12-Gallon, 5.0 Peak HP– These are really handy to have. You can clean out your vehicle with one of these. It’s wet & dry so the times when we have had water leaks or water messes to deal with, this helped in a hurry. It can clean up saw dust and any other workshop messes.
- Thrifty Note: I got one of these on Black Friday at Home Depot 2 years ago for around $19.99.
- Roku 3 Streaming Media Player– This device allows you to watch and listen to online streaming media on your television. We don’t have cable so we use this exclusively for our TV viewing. We use it to watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and Youtube from our television. Now my husband can watch his favorite YouTube shows like Road Kill on our flat screen.
- Makita XFD01WSP 18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2″ Driver-Drill Kit with 1 Battery– I bought my husband a cordless drill last Christmas and after all my research I went with the Makita brand. It was the favorite of many people for strength and endurance.
- Flight Lessons- If you have a small local airport around where you live, consider calling around to a few flight schools or check on your local GROUPON site and see if they are offering intro flight lesson gift certificates. I did this for my husband (my then boyfriend) when we were 17. He loved it so much he started flight lessons for his 30 birthday and will become a private pilot in about a week. It’s a unique out of the box gift idea and shouldn’t cost over $100 for intro flight/lesson.
If you liked this post, you might also like these other gift posts from the Thrifty Little Mom: