If you are looking for the easiest white chicken chili recipe on the planet, you’ve come to the right place. Okay, so maybe it’s not as easy as buying chili pre-made in a can, but I think this recipe is pretty darn easy. Do you love white chicken chili like I do? Do you imagine yourself curling up on the couch, snuggling under a blanket and savoring every delicious bite?
That’s what you imagine but the reality is, cooking this kind of stuff, depending on the recipe, can be time consuming. Time is something that we don’t always have a lot of. That’s why I decided to give you the easiest white chicken chili recipe on the planet. This is my go-to recipe when I’m low on time and energy on a week night. I always keep these ingredients on hand for when I need a quick dinner fix and I don’t know what else to do. There’s a time and place for recipes that require a little extra time and care but a week-night during the school year usually isn’t one of them.
- 1-2 Cans of Cannellini Beans (1 for a little 2 for a lot)
- 3 Chicken breasts (or go vegetarian and leave out the chicken)
- 1 pouch of Green Enchilada Sauce (you can use just about any brand but it should be the “green” kind.) I like to use Frontera Brand with their Mexican Everyday collection of sauces.
- 3/4 cup frozen green, red and yellow pepper mix (optional).
- 1 Pack of Fajita Seasoning
Step 1: Cook your chicken. There are several ways you could do this so it depends on how much time you have.
- If you want tender shredded chicken, cook the chicken in your slow cooker following the manufacturers recommendations for chicken cook times.
- If you want cubed chicken simply cut up your raw chicken breast with some poultry scissors or knife into cubes. Saute the chicken in a pan until fully cooked.
- If you cook the chicken in Fajita Seasoning it will give the chili a little extra boost of flavor!
Step 2: I generally like to add some vegetables to my chili so I go with about 3/4 cup of a frozen pepper mix. I like the green, red and yellow pepper mix as it adds some color and nutrients to the chili. I usually saute these in a pan until tender.
Step 3: Combine your beans, fully cooked chicken, tender pepper mix and green enchilada sauce in a large pot. Cook over low to medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to be sure it’s not sticking.
Step 4: Once your food reaches your ideal temperature, spoon the chili into bowls and garnish with your favorite toppings.
My Favorite Toppings:
- I save my crushed up tortilla chips at the bottom of bag for these dishes and sprinkle them in the bottom of my bowl before I ladle the chili in.
- I add some cheese.
- I add a dollop of sour cream and savior the delicious creation set before me.
I hope you and your family enjoy this easiest chicken chili recipe on the planet post.
Access my FREE Party Printables Vault!
Subscribe to my weekly intentional living email magazine and I'll give you access to my life printables vault! Cleaning, planning, organizing and more!
Kim’s is the party planning, thrifty life-loving, intentional living catalyst behind the Thrifty Little Mom Blog. Kim was a pro event planner for over 7 years before she became a full-time blogger. Kim is the author of: Live, Save, Spend, Repeat: The Life You Want with the Money You Have. She’s been featured on Time.com, Money.com, Good Housekeeping, Women’s Day, and more! Kim aims to inspire you to create, celebrate, and live life intentionally!